Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

TGIF

I am actually in a great mood today.  So good in fact I am worried about jinxing it.  So in an attempt not to disturb good karma, nothing too serious to start the day with.  Everybody help me out.  Nothing to set me off today, okay?

FREE FORM

Somewhat surprised only two people, including one candidate, has taken advantage of the "FREE FORM".  No big deal, just thought it might be interesting for everyone.  Maybe over the weekend.  

Charter Commission

There isn't too much that gets me excited about town government or politics.  Sure I my b.p. may go up once in awhile over something, but in all honesty it usually drops pretty quickly.  I really a referring to the fact of a "good" excitement.  

I know that there is no guaranty that this becomes a reality, or that the proposed charter that will be drafted will actually get passed, so I am tempering my excitement.  Yet it feels pretty darn good to wake up in the morning to be able to have "concerns" over something so very positive as the fact that people are taking a good, hard look at what a charter commission is, what it can do; and, are willing to make the effort to see what can be done.

And for right now "people" means a person, Sharon Andersen, who has taken the steps necessary to get the ball rolling.  If you look back over prior posts I have done my best to leave names out.  Remember the "Town Meeting" rules approach to the blog.

In this case however one has to give credit to where credit is due. 

If the petition drive does not succeed, in my opinion the blame will rest on the squarely on the shoulders of each and every registered voter of the Town of Fairhaven for not making the effort to seek out a petition to sign.  

It is still going to be a significant task, so when more details become available, I hope everyone will give serious consideration to helping out with gathering signatures.

This step has nothing to do with who will be on the commission.  Members will have to run for office and be elected by the voters!  

Believe it or not reasonable people can be in disagreement on issues, some very significant issues, and still be willing and able to work together toward a common goal on other matters.  

As put so well by Sharon Andersen in a comment on a previous post:
This is about...can we make things better and not about what side of the fence you are on. It just might be the vehicle or platform to resolve contentions in Fairhaven. 
Blog tidbits 

Page views have been off the wall lately.  While I would love to say this is because of a surging popularity,  it has more to do with repeat visits through the day from individuals.  I am not complaining, but I will offer you a suggestion.  You have the option to follow via e-mail or subscribe for text messages to the blog.  I do not get to know who you are.  You only appear if you actually join, become a member. These are three different options.  If you prefer to leave things as is that is perfectly fine.  Just offering a convenient option.

Weekend notes

Don't forget the Town's birthday celebration  Saturday there will be all kind of things going on.  Check out the Neighborhood News or the S-T of the Visitor Centers page.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prior to posting a comment, please review "Comment Rules" page.