Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tuesday's Notes, Part I?

I had a much larger post planned for today, however, I didn't get to finish it for the usual time this morning. If I can I will try to finish it off over the next few hours, in the mean time you should note as follows:


Tonight is the scheduled WindWise forum.  The WindWise Massachusetts has posted (as of the writing of this post) the following on its home page under forums past and present: 
Windwise-Fairhaven hosts a forum on Tuesday, February 7 at the Fairhaven VFW. Invited speakers include Eleanor Tillinghast and panelists Bob Espindola, Mark Cool, Dawn Devlin and Curt Devlin.
I believe the time is 7:00 p.m.

If anyone out there is aware of any other panelist let me know.

You will each need to judge for yourself whether to attend.




3 comments:

  1. You are not a fan of Windwise - we get it. However, not all against the Fairhaven turbines are WW members. Just as the developer's forum was tilted affirmative this forum will obviously be tilted negative. I'm of the opinion that when an opportunity to learn or glean info is there - tonight's forum is right down the street - you take it. I plan to go to listen to what the panelists have to say - particularly Mark Cool who is from Falmouth. I have read a couple of his letters to the papers and want to hear from him more in-depth.

    As an aside - I have a suggestion for what I would think could be an interesting blog post if you are ready for a challenge. Take yourself back to your university debate team - you have been assigned the "against" side of a topic - in this case the Fairhaven Wind Turbines. You may agree/disagree personally but you still need to formulate your arguments. Can you do it? How would you present?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an FYI, as concerns Mr. Cool, I have read the various articles, comments, posts on the "Firetower Wind" site, also those on: "Falmouth Patch", "Falmouth Selectmen's Halloween Wind Turbine Recommendation - $$ over Citizen Health" on "best-of-cape-cod.com", and the wind turbine syndrome site (not an all inclusive list either), along with a number of things pertaining to the special guest.

    I did not simply see the list of panelist and stop there.

    As to your aside, interesting and worth a post all by itself. Perhaps Wednesday or Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After searching for more than an hour I could not find anything reporting Tillinghast's educational background or scientific credentials.I did however find and article, which I urge you to read in it's entirety in order to draw your own conclusions. My conclusion is that unless they can produce educated experts with science based research to back their assertions I for one,at the risk of appearing obsequious, have already heard and seen enough from WW and FAF to be sure that mine will be no votes on articles 2,3 &4 at the STM. Just my opinion.
    http://www.commonwealthmagazine.org/News-and-Features/Features/2010/Energy-and-environment/Whos-the-real-environmentalist.aspx

    ReplyDelete

Prior to posting a comment, please review "Comment Rules" page.