Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Nuts Anyone?

I have been sitting here pondering what rambling thoughts to put into cyberspace.  I had thought about the topic of "nuts".  As in you got to be nuts; and, why are some nuts so hard to crack.  

In many ways, you do have to be a little bit nuts to get involved in anything.  The time and effort, the constant criticism, name calling, back biting, and host of other things that get thrown at you.  Heck, year in and year out there is at least one issue, sometimes two or three, where I have people on different sides accusing me of favoring the other.  I usually take that as a sign I must be doing things right.

This isn't a self-pity exercise, just a personal perspective, because let's face it, more than one of you out there have commented about the fact I must be nuts, and worse.  Why I write this is to give everyone a heads up who is actually running for an office this year.  

You got to be a little bit nuts to do it.  I for one am thankful we have so many people a tad nutty, willing to take the plunge this year.  

Just remember, in the end you have to be willing to do what is right, and what is right more often than not comes down to your personal beliefs and core values.  The same will be constantly challenged.  Sometime by a few, sometime by many.  More often than not, behind your back, but occasionally you will see you name in print, hear it on the radio, and even possibly watch yourself in a video.  It is seldom flattering

Politics is not for the faint of heart.  Neither is elected office.  No matter who you are, no matter how well prepared you are, it isn't what you think it is.  

Believe me when I tell you though, being a little bit nuts can help you get through the day, because in the end, it seems the whole world is a bit nuts.

And in a world so full of nuts, why are so many nuts so hard to crack.  I was thinking about a particular issue last night, and the thought ran through my head that it just shouldn't be this hard to crack.  A right on the heels of it I though of a coconut.

Ever try to crack a coconut.  You see them in the grocery stores occasionally.  The whole nut.  

I remember a long time ago when I was a tweener (between what is your guess), I tried to break that nut open every which way  I could.  No luck.  Finally, I took a five pound sledge and success!  Of course I last all the juice/water/milk and the pieces went all over the place, but I accomplished what I wanted to.

I cracked the nut.

Then it dawned on me, it shouldn't be this hard.  There had to be a better way, and easier way.  Guess what, there is.

The easiest way to get that liquid out, find the soft spots (you know the little dots that look like eyes).  Poke some holes in them, and drain.  Then a few sharp taps with the blunt end of a knife around the middle of the nut and presto.  you got what you need.

So simple.  Once you know how.  

There are a look of things going on right now that it seems the only way to find a solution, to crack that nut, may be with a five pound sledge.  I know a few people in and out who want to do just that.  Me,  I will look for the soft spots, give it a few sharp taps, and hopefully we can end up with more than just a cracked nut.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Prior to posting a comment, please review "Comment Rules" page.