Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

Where does time actually go?

Someone put a comment on Saturday's blog:
the blog is informative and all the participants are aware of were they stand on the issue.There are other non participants of the blog who are tired of the rhetoric on wind and stay on the blog waiting list for a new subject to scrutinize.For all of us its a good exercise to keep our minds sharp.Other people just read a book or etc.... (as a note the same was cut and pasted, comprises the whole comment, and I do realize I have used the standard [sic] or two, rather than note what has been noted)
Pretty sharp, in more ways than one I think. there is a bit of bite I think in there.

I for one just finished a book.  I find it best to read the entire book in order, rather than skipping ahead to find out what happens. If you skip through the pages, how does one ever truly know who,  how, why and what happened to get the story to that point.  

Anyway, for those who may be tired of the dominant topic, I fear I may be at risk losing your attention out of shear boredom.  

I am not so sure I would be changing topics by discussing tonight's BOS meeting, or should I say late afternoon meeting.  Is 5:30 P.M. later afternoon or early evening?

First item on the posted agenda is to discuss the new Board of Health election.  If the board is smart, this will be a board discussion.  You open this one up for discussion or comment, and you invite chaos.  There is no need of outside assistance to fan the flames for this one. 

You can't demand a requirement to show ID.  You can't open it up to encompass other races.  

As an individual, a person, a citizen, I for one would have no problem with either.  The whole disenfranchise argument is pretty hollow to me on the ID front.  The simple point is though you can't do it, not at this level.

As to other races, fundamentally, I have a real problem, on the personal level, grasping how one aspect of a tainted election becomes any less tainted because of a margin of victory.  I would quickly add that I do grasp  the rationale on the legal level.  

In the end both matters are what they are.

I have heard all kinds of suggestions for the BOH election.  Limit it to just the people who voted.  Limit it to just the two candidates.  Open up the voting, but just the two candidates.  Open up the voting and the number of candidates (and one or two other things that I cannot even remotely understand).

The one thing I am positive I want to see happen tonight, is a decision.  Preferably one made within the 1/2 allotted slot for the matter.  By this time not one of the three should have any lingering questions as to what should be done.  

Get it set.  Get it moving. Get it done, and done correctly.

As best as I can determine, outside of turbines and election, little if any work is being done on other just as pressing issues in this town. 

Okay, here comes an entirely new ending ...

The blog is being posted extremely lat this morning.  I had actually planned on posting about two hours earlier.Left for work earlier than usual, since with school out, my transport duties are not needed. Planned on hitting the office, give the post a quick run over, and post.

One flat tire, one tire change and on trip to the shop for a new tire, and a few bucks later and here I am.  

The best laid plans often go astray, folks.  We all know that.   My plans for today went astray not necessarily because of today's plan, but for not planning things out better.  

The tire, make that plural, should have been replaced awhile ago.  I put it off for way too long.  I knew I had a problem.  I put off dealing with it in the manner and time frame it should have been dealt with.  

Sure I would have still had to go to the shop, spend some time and pay some money.  

But I had plenty of opportunities where it would have been a bit more convenient; where I would have been able to save the time and effort of changing the tire to put on a spare that was only to be a temporary measure, not to mention the grime and sweat of doing it at 7:00 A.M. on the warmest morning we have had in awhile; and, it could all have been done without throwing today's plans out of whack.  

The thing about a lost opportunity is the opportunity is gone forever, and there is usually a premium to pay later on.

More than enough for today, more than enough time lost for today.

Be safe.

4 comments:

  1. How about a discussion on facts or fiction ? Here are some questions that could be cleared up from years ago. The first question is years ago I asked a question about the wind turbines at a Board of Health meeting and the answer I got was : How do I know the plans are in Chinese. Was that a fact or was that a way to just say I'll get back to you later ?

    Next the Fairhaven Town Planning Board received acoustic noise studies from a Cape Cod engineering firm in 2011. This was part of the normal permit process for the two new wind turbines. At some point in the near future these plans will go under further review. The acoustic plans were in English.

    The Fairhaven Planning Board reviews the needs of the town, public welfare and safety.

    Here's a couple of questions and please don't answer with you can get the information through the Freedom of Information Act . These are rumors I have heard over the years .Maybe someone can answers or set the record straight.

    1. Over how long a period of time did the 2011 acoustic study take place, data collection points and wind speeds ? I had heard the acoustic tests were done over a 14 day period ?

    2. The engineering plans and specifications given to the town for the two wind turbines were in Chinese ? If that is true who interpreted the engineering plans ?

    3. The Sinovel 1.5 Megawatt Chinese turbine is built on a license from Furlander wind company and the noise from the 1.5 MW Sinovel wind turbine is the same as the year 2005 Furlander 1.5 MW turbine? Is that true ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is what happens when you are involved in too many other communities business,you get them mixed up...

      The planning board issued the permit in 2008.

      Delete
  2. As I have said many times: I don't do this blog to act as the "answer man" for people who don't want to dig on their own for information; comments should be topical to the blog, and while yours might have been topical to a host of previous blogs, I don't see it for this one. In an attempt to answer your questions though, I can give you the answers at my disposal, as to all three: don't know and don't care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John! hopefully you had a BIG GULP from Cumbys to cool you down before tackled the envious tire changing task in these desert like conditions.Even though some people read between the lines to finish the books they seem happy with the endings even if they didnt read all the detail.Sometimes less is best.

    ReplyDelete

Prior to posting a comment, please review "Comment Rules" page.