Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Wishing you a safe haven

I have been trying to find the inspiration to write something over the past week.  Inspiration, not material.  There is definitely plenty of material out there.  

I think I have approached the finish line for this little exercise. 

The key to doing a blog is actually doing it on a consistent basis.  Some will tell you at least three times a week.  Like I mentioned, the material is out there, just not the inspiration.  

There has always been a motivation in the past.  As I have said, part of that was a self-catharsis of sorts.   Not really sure that has ever worked out.  Providing a different point of view on things. Trying to be fair, and admittedly that did not always occur on an equal basis, but I did strive to be equitable. Getting people to think, including myself mind you, about both sides of the coin.

The thing is, the realization is anyone who follows this blog regularly is probably in no need for any of that.  Also, the fact there is still some commitment to it, causes more angst than anything when I don't do it.

Sometimes you just need to let go.  

I will not say "never again".  Who knows what tomorrow brings?  But that tomorrow, if it ever does come, will not be soon, if ever.  

For those of you who have been hanging around, thanks for the company.  Thanks for your indulgence.  We all have not always agreed on certain things, but thanks for your insights and your own thoughts.

And always remember ... Be Safe!












2 comments:

  1. Sorry to read this. Although I am guilty of not following or commenting as regularly as I once did, that had more to do with another matter taking precedence rather than a disinterest in what you wrote.
    I learned from reading your posts and the assorted comments. I appreciated that you didn't clobber me, or only respectfully, when my opinions differed from yours.
    It's always best to discontinue doing something when your heart's not fully engaged.
    Thank you for keeping the blog interesting and for the most part relevant to our town.
    Enjoy your (break) and I anticipate you'll be back at it sooner than you think. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments. You may see a piece or two once a month, if for nothing more than to meet the "active" status requirements to protect the blog name. Heck, I just read some information this A.M. that was probably worth more than a few lines. But you are right relative to doing something "if your heart is not in it". It just isn't at this point.

    ReplyDelete

Prior to posting a comment, please review "Comment Rules" page.