Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

One step at a time

Not a lot of time today, but let's see what I can get done


It seems there is a vicious rumor being spread about town (admittedly started from a statement I made).  Despite what you might hear or read, there is no conclusive evidence that I do indeed have a "heart".

Some interesting reading in The Fairhaven Neighborhood News this week as always.

Nice digest version of the candidate's night for government access. Still, nothing like watching the video so I would suggest you do and encourage others to do so.

The Advocate also did a good job with the candidate's night.  If you have some spare change this week, it might be worth spending it on a copy.

As to the local cable access coverage, I have received several e-mails and calls.  No, I still don't know who makes the decisions as to the whole thing.  I have really asked.  The government access fund is controlled by the selectmen, is not subject to appropriation, and is under that board's direct control.

So I suppose the actual answer is, following the chain of command, it is ultimately the board's decision.  That being said, from what I have in fact heard, there was no actual board decision.

Next candidate's night up will be the NFIA sponsored one next Wednesday. Week after is the West Island IA.  You can submit questions for the NFIA event.  See page 6 of the FNN for details.  The West Island event you get to ask the questions. 

The best is usually the last in these things.  West Island does it up right (especially with the refreshments).  Seriously, it is the truest format.  Has the real "open" feel and style.  Heck I enjoy going just to hear the occasional shots thrown my way.

Today is another one of those days where there is so much to write about I can't decide what to put down on e-paper.  Part of that problem is what I want to actually write, I realize I shouldn't (that and time for today). 

Believe it or not, overall I am pretty restrained in my commentary.  Sure it can be a tad "emotional" at times.  It also could be a whole lot more so.

In any event, this begins the time of year where things get interesting.  Game plans become clearer. The rabbit in the hat is pretty much out, and while there may be a sandbag or two still in reserve for some, one either has to know how to dodge them or you get flattened.

Everyone has an endgame, whether they can get to there is another story.

Getting from point A to point B is very, very seldom a straight line path.  You have to know how to work through the maze.

Sometimes that involves using a chainsaw to the obstacles, sometimes you have to know when it is also best to work around the obstacle.

It is all one step at a time, even when those steps have to be hurried a bit.

Speaking of hurried steps, it is time for me to take a few.  Be Safe.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Prior to posting a comment, please review "Comment Rules" page.