Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

A Rising Tide Lifts All Boats, Right?

I am not to sure where this piece is going today.  

The recounts in the Board of Health and Planning Board (one year unexpired term) are going to be held next week (Monday and Tuesday).  Will the recount resolve the issue?  Who knows?

Should the recounts resolve the issue?  I would like to hope so.  At least as to the outcome.  

There are definitely other matters that need to be addressed.  One need only read the letter from the Secretary of the Commonwealth to the Town Clerk.

I guess it comes down to some simple, and some may say simplistic, points in my mind.  Do all the "what ifs" equal enough to throw of the election?  When I sum up the arguments, they don't.

Whatever happens from this point on is essentially in the hands of the candidates.  I am in absolute and perfect agreement that races as close as these are deserving of a recount.  After that point, what I am agreement with will depend on what is done.

No conjecture at this point.  No further opinion at this point.  

Whatever anyone feels is needed to float their boat after the recount, let them knock themselves out doing it.  Not sure an ship is going to be able to rise high enough after all of this to avoid the rocks.

Enough on this, at least until next week.

What else for today?

I suppose I could do a blow by blow on the now posted warrants for the special and annual.   I could but I don't have it in me at the moment to do justice to the same.  I read a blurb in a paper that is keeping me from doing so to be honest, several blurbs to be honest.  

Best to leave everything alone today.  Be safe.






3 comments:

  1. Michelle FurtadoThursday, April 18, 2013

    I don't see any problem with anyone advocating for where the money ought to be spent. It surprises me that more people don't. It would give others an opportunity to investigate some of the uses before they vote.
    In some cases, it's easy to see, or judge the value of what we're getting for our money. We have to think the police and fire departments respond to calls within a reasonable amount of time, because we don't see too many buildings left burning, or car wrecks clogging our intersections. But what happens behind closed doors, when we can't see? And why shouldn't the people who use our money be accountable? I have asked them and have not received reasonable answers. Is that fair? I have a list of questions, but no answers. Is it wrong to ask questions when we don't understand the 'value' of what we're told the value is?
    I believe some good things happen in our schools, but I will also ask about the undisclosed deficiencies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your letter wasn't one of the several blurbs I was referencing. I should have also used the plural for papers. I would also note included in the use of "blurb" are letters and articles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle FurtadoThursday, April 18, 2013

      I'll be sure to check them out. But I do hope readers get my point.
      We can be told a lot of wonderful things, and if we aren't directly connected, we might believe them. But perhaps we need to question things for ourselves. The decisions made by some, can affect many, and they don't even know it.
      Those who spend the money of others, ought to be forthright in accounting for it.

      Delete

Prior to posting a comment, please review "Comment Rules" page.