Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Countdown

I am not sure if it is from lingering interest over the Razzie worthy performance from last Monday night, or curiosity over whether there would be something about today's election, but this past weekend the blog continued to see a big uptake in viewing.

While it may have a whole lot to do with the "preaching to the choir" concept, the numerous conversations I have had with people about the recent issue center around complete disbelief as to what transpired.  While I am sure there are at least three people in Town who may feel this was a legitimate topic (being honest, you can probably quadruple that amount), from what I can ascertain most people look at it as an attempt to trample on free speech.

Speaking of elected officials ...

As far as the election, well if you are "tuning in" today for predictions, if I make any the same won't happen until around the time the polls close.  I honestly can't get a feel for the races.  Just when I think there might me something out there that has given me a reason to feel a bit more confident in projecting a winner or two, something else pops up.

But if you were looking for something earth shattering today, you will be disappointed (or relieved depending on your expectations I suppose).  Election day morning isn't the time to try and drop a bomb.  Quite frankly not sure I have ever dropped a bomb, although a few of these pieces have apparently bombed out.

I did have some interesting conversations with a number of people over the weekend. Nothing seems to be be as it should in the opinion process.  Not much is making sense relative to the talk on the street.  Some people you would think are going one way are actually going the other. 

Quite frankly, very little of what goes on makes sense to me anymore.  Every year passes with more and more examples of stumbling and quite frankly bumbling for no apparent reason.  If I am going to be honest in that assessment, I will note that I don't see that changing  no matter who wins the elections.

I have been hearing a whole lot about the candidate's night(s) tapes people have been able to see. I have also heard a number of comments about things people have be getting in the mail.

Folks, you need to remember what you do and how you do it have an effect.  There is a whole book full of critiques that could be made of what has transpired over the past few months.  Why bother at this point.  Decisions were made in both camps, and they same have to be lived with.

The one election I can predict with strong confidence is the BPW race.  The candidate is unopposed.  Listening to him at West Island, I was struck by two things.  His potential to bring some expertise to that Board, and his personality.  Nice to see a candidate with a happy disposition.    Let's hope he can keep it.

The most important thing today is that we all go and vote.  Remind your family, friends, neighbors and whoever that there is an election in Fairhaven today.  Remind them to go and vote.

There is only one way for all of us to make sure government is truly representative at any level, and that is to vote in elections at all levels.

Be safe everyone.













4 comments:

  1. Michelle FurtadoMonday, April 01, 2013

    Whether the faces change, or not, election day always offers a bit of satisfaction. Half of it comes from voting for who I want, and half of it comes from purposely not voting for who I don't.
    It's time to send a message to our elected officials- especially those who are going to get back in regardless of the number of votes.
    If you don't act today, don't complain tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe Tuesday's post ought to be called, "You win some, you lose some."
    What started out as a quiet election season, ended with a bang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ??? Anxiously awaiting today's entry - whatsup?

    ReplyDelete
  4. told some one to go vote monday and there candidate lost by a vote.Of course they said I didnt vote to busy.Par for the course thats why we suffer for another term..

    ReplyDelete

Prior to posting a comment, please review "Comment Rules" page.