Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Do you know? Because I don't

Selectmen's meeting Tuesday night.  Started real slow (and late). Bumped up to the East Room too (camera difficulties, probably why they started late). Started out with a couple of long readings for borrowing notes.  Technical dotting of "i"s and crossing "t"s.

That was the end of technical stuff.

First Selectmen Murphy makes a statement relative to the turbines, working with the Board of Health and those residents affected.  Bold move, certainly one that will cause some discussion.

While not trying to sound dismissive of this, however the other eye opener, along with jaw dropper, was the discussion relative to the election.

The possibility of a "do over", and this seems it may now in fact be a possibility as a result of the inability to apparently reconcile anything.  It seems the issue at this point is more than just putting some ballots in the wrong envelope.

I am pretty much biting my tongue at the moment.  It may take awhile before my teeth loosen.

After listening to town counsel discuss this ongoing fiasco, the potential problems and costs, one has to wonder about just what is going on and why things seem to be coming out bit by bit.

I have to tell you unfortunately once again, you just can't make this stuff up.

The stuff that keeps seeping out is quite frankly beyond belief.  To the point where it has me scratching my head wondering just what the heck has gone on, is going on, and will go on.

It now seems our Town Clerk is presently unable to certify a vote.  It may happen, it may not happen, may be able to be done, may not be able to be done.

This matter has gone beyond surreal.  I am not sure just to what that level this has gone, or how to describe it.  I just know it is in an entirely heretofore unknown realm.

This has moved beyond a mess to what? A colossal mess?

After what I heard last night, I honestly don't know what direction we should be heading at this point.  The line isn't "over" it seems.

I really don't know what would be worse at this point, a "legitimate" ballot stuffing scandal, or the story that is playing out.

No matter what happens, no matter what the eventual results for this one, it will go into the record book with a big "*" next to it.

Murphy's Law folks, alive and well.  Shouldn't be, but it is.

If you know why, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prior to posting a comment, please review "Comment Rules" page.