Pages

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Sensing No Actual Reliable Knowledge Yet

I never know what is going to get a response from people.  Yesterday's post was pretty much nothing more than some odds and ends pieced together, yet seems the same held some interest for a number of people. Such is life.

The weather.  Must have been the weather.  For a Friday post with no particular hot button item, there were a number of views.  Certainly the weather related comments, i.e. emergency preparedness, had some interest.

The topic may be on the burner over the next few weeks due to the up coming annual West Island excursion by the Board of Selectmen.  From some of the comments posted, along with a few e-mails and verbal comments received, it seems people are, shall we say in agreement with the need for tweaking the plan.

Biggest topic is the "command" center.  Just an observation here mind you but ...

If you find the need to run extra crews, staff extra personnel, or even maintain a stand-by scenario, it would seem the need exists that a command center be opened and that the appropriate people be in the center.  Who knows?

Moving on ...

Someone sent me an e-mail, wanting to know what "snarky" means.

Rudely sarcastic or disrespectful;snide. Ex: I know my posts can be snarky at times, but I am allowed. It is my blog.

Hopefully that helps you out.

Anyone remember the "other" election coming up?  The one for a U.S. Senator.

Looking at the weather app on my phone.  The rain is suppose to stop sometime around 11:00 A.M.  If only they could come up with an app to predict when other forms of deluges will cease.

Maybe if I had forty cents more for another three minutes I could figure out if I need that umbrella for nine o'clock.

Enough for today.  Be safe.

1 comment:

  1. Still pondering over which way to go in the Senate race. Unfortunately my preferred candidate was eliminated in the primary. Haven't heard anything too convincing for me to vote one way or the other this time. I'll still go to the polls, just not sure if I'll fill in an oval. Maybe there will at least be a good candy selection at the exit table.

    ReplyDelete

Prior to posting a comment, please review "Comment Rules" page.