Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Is it Will Kane or Frank Miller?

Well, it seems like today could be the day for some significant news.  The second noticed emergency meeting of the board of health in less than a week was posted yesterday.  Granted the first one, scheduled for last Friday, was cancelled.  

What is the emergency?

Your guess is as good as mine.  

The notice simply lists: 1. Wind Turbines. 2. Executive session: Wind Turbines.

If the Facebook chatter is any indication, there will be people in attendance.  I am assuming the public meeting portion is nonetheless going to be very brief.

Oh, I neglected to mention, the meeting is scheduled for 12:00 P.M. That is Noon time by the way.  

While a completely inconvenient time for most of the general public, it doesn't seem like there is much the general public is going to be in on anyway.  

It is an emergency after all.  Something must have suddenly and unexpectedly occurred. or a set of circumstances developed which demands immediate action (i.e. something that must be dealt with in less than 48 hours).

Besides "High Noon" provides an appropriate dramatic flair to the event.  If we are going to continue to have drama, certainly a bit of flair is welcome.

I am going to end it here.  Even I understand the concept of "the less said sometimes, the better."

Be Safe!

12 comments:

  1. This is the THIRD emergency meeting of the Board of Health regarding the turbines I believe. The first one occurred when they shut the turbines down. It is quite curious that they continue to make them at noontime, when most people are working and unable to attend. Transparency of government in action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I actually believe that "first" meeting was a posted joint meeting with the selectmen.

      Delete
  2. Although a compromise won't appease all - i truly hope it will help somehow. The nasty mean spirited sentiment I've seen online disgusts me. i cannot believe that town employees etc would willingly put their names up on FB as 'friends' after reading some of the vile threads. Some are masked as civil conversations but the underlying sentiment labelling the turbine neighbors as nuts is still very much apparent. It also makes me understand the reason for 'anonymous' comments - as I don't want to be bullied because of my opinion on this matter.


    I live relatively near the turbines but out of the range of the complaint radius. I can definitely hear them under certain conditions & I totally understand why the people closer cannot sleep when they are on. I also get why many are aggravated with the constant barrage of comments by F Haggerty & his psuedonyms. PLEse try and separate him and his ilk from the residents who are seriously & negatively affected by the turbines - they're out there and the very public disdain multiplies the pain of this town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yawn. I bet you wish employees were acting that way, but they all take their jobs seriously.
      But if you can provide links to the vile threads, that might peak my interest, because I must have missed all the good mudslinging. What were they saying?

      Delete
    2. Putting yourself as a friend on facebook has little meaning as some have thousands of friends. But we all know you are lucky to have one or two true friends.
      And likes on a page lose a lot without a dislike button, as on youtube. Love to see how many dislikes some pages would receive. Facebook is unreal, by design.

      Delete
  3. I"m surprised know one has thought of camping out under the turbines an recording the overnight sounds of the blades .They could post it on facebook,internet,whatever their poison an try to convince the pro turbine people of there sleep deprivation effects.Unless of course camping out versus walking is illegal on a public way..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay to the "three issue" anonymous poster, plugging a movie trailer isn't a third issue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle FurtadoTuesday, July 23, 2013

    Sadly the only thing we learned at today's meeting was that 40 or so residents with varying opinions about a major issue can sit calmly together in the same room for almost an hour. At least I didn't have to take the afternoon off from work only to find out there's still no answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you think 40 people sat in a room calmly today. I hope you watch ABC 6 news at 5 PM

      Delete
    2. Be fair, not everyone stayed for the post meeting show.

      During the "meeting" the people did sit in the room calmly.

      It was not until several minutes after the meeting adjourned and a fair number of people had left, while one B of H member was doing a press conference when the discussion got heated.

      Cameras and press, always seem to make things get lively at some point.

      Delete
    3. Michelle FurtadoTuesday, July 23, 2013

      I saw the news coverage. It reminded me of something my mother always said, "Go home as soon as the party is over." Now I'm glad I did.

      Delete
  6. The never ending saga of Fairhaven politics in action once again.Cant wait to hear what the ST.times does with this..I'll get a small gulp at Cumbies to read this one..

    ReplyDelete

Prior to posting a comment, please review "Comment Rules" page.