Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Just Some Thursday Notes

Tomorrow marks another bit of a milestone for the blog.  Eighteen months of stuff having be sent to you via the wonderful world of the worldwide web.  There has been a definite uptick in visitors over the past several months.  Depending on today's activity, there will be either just under or just over 8,000 page views over the last 30 days.  To put that one in a bit of perspective, the eighteen month average is 4,400.  Over the last 30 days, average pages viewed per visit is 2.65 vs. 2.36 for the eighteen month period.  Unique visitors per week average has more than doubled since March 1st.

Two things of note: The first is that in the blogging world, all of these things are minuscule.  

It is a very small band of people reading things about a specific place. So yes, I do realize this blog doesn't threaten to become a media sensation.

What is of note is the fact more of the some of you concerned about our small dot on the map are paying attention.  Certainly recent events have much to do with that.   From a bloggers perspective, there is enough of that stuff  to probably keep your attention into October.

If you read the blog for no other reason than to find out the thoughts of some person you totally disagree with, than I say good.  

There is no disillusion that words contained herein will sway the masses. I fully realize "attention" does not equate into "agreement".

Believe it or not, part of this exercise is to hear from you things that might sway me on some things that have in fact happened. I do my best to pay attention to what is said, and to read the information suggested.

Knowing what I know today, if the vote to allow the turbine project came up tomorrow, I would vote no.  My reasons for that would not walk lock step with all the reasoning against the turbines being given, but there would be enough reasoning in my mind to be against the project.

Again though, that is not the issue I or any of us face at this point in time.  

The solution isn't as simple as a very questionable order issued from the Board of Health.  After Monday's meeting of the selectmen, it is no longer a thirty day notice.  

I wish I could be swayed into believing that the events of June 10th were the right thing to do.  If the result is that everyone comes to the table and works out an acceptable solution, well than I suppose those events will have turned out to be right.  

Sorry, you will always be hard pressed to ever convince me that at least one of the votes taken by one of the boards at the meeting was done correctly, and was done as a calculated risk rather than the now SOP of a knee jerk reaction.

On Monday, the selectmen released the minutes concerning the joint meeting with the board of health.  The published minutes are under the titles of the Board of Selectmen and the Board of Health.

I was present at that meeting.  While the contents are accurate what is written, the same clearly do not reflect the conduct of the meeting, nor everything said.  That written version though will certainly suffice.  Could be just the lawyer in me, but reading the approved minutes provides me with nothing to sway my opinion of that meeting, and a great deal more to convince me an agreed resolution is crucial to the Town.

I will leave it at that.  

I think I will end it at that too.  

Be safe and enjoy the day.

1 comment:

  1. An agreed resolution of the wind turbines is crucial to the town. The one stumbling block happened at the end of the July 1 Select Board meeting with the request for data. It appears the information is proprietary information.

    A little research shows the technology for these type turbines is from 2005 to 2008.

    In order to resolve all the issues there must be an exchange of data and that data should be shared with all the parties concerned.

    ReplyDelete

Prior to posting a comment, please review "Comment Rules" page.