Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Newsflash

There apparently has been a press release issued by the developers for the turbines that 24/7 operations will resume (and according to a Facebook post or two I have seen, the turbines were noted as running at 7:30 P.M. today).

I am not going to post the press release.  I am sure it is going to be all over Facebook and in the papers tomorrow.  Suffice it to say we are now into the next level of things.

If everything I am reading is accurate, I can't say I am surprised at this move.  When the town issues a three week deadline to resolve everything, and the town and its various components do not seem anywhere near a consensus going into week seven, well as I have been saying, someone was going to end up pushing the envelope.

More tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I guess the turbine operator has finally realized that transparency doesnt exist in the town. He must have heard the comments on ABC 6 tonight about the town needing the revenue and decided to help by producing a revenue stream by running the turbines.Kudos for them for making a move .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle FurtadoTuesday, July 23, 2013

    However this ends, it ought to come down on the leadership (or lack of leadership) of the town.
    I know some of the residents who are affected by the activity of the turbines. They haven't said a word throughout the whole process.
    I had hoped that something would have been done for them, and it took me a long time to understand that Fairhaven Wind doesn't have to do anything beyond the bounds of the contract.
    When it appeared that there was an opportunity to negotiate a compromise, I thought any change would be better than what they have.
    Now, due to the inability of our leaders to make a decision, those people may have lost whatever was on the table.
    I don't know if they were waiting for a deal that would satisfy all parties. It's hard to know what they were thinking. They didn't tell us at today's meeting.
    Right now, they have to be thinking that Fairhaven Wind would not have made their move without being very sure of what they were doing. It looks like they picked up the ball and went home.

    ReplyDelete

Prior to posting a comment, please review "Comment Rules" page.