Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

One Day At A Time

Obviously I missed posting yesterday.  Started writing one, put down about two sentences, and that was it.  I just didn't have it in me yesterday morning.  Not sure I have it in me this morning either.  I am not going to write a piece tomorrow (Happy Easter to all by the way), so I figured I should at least get something out today.  Not that something is better than nothing, nor I feel you are all out there waiting with bated breath.  

Honestly, I suppose it is because if I don't do something today, by the time Monday roles around I might just realize the benefit to getting back the extra time in the A.M.   So here is today's rambling piece.

Two reasons I didn't write a piece on Friday morning.  The first, I was exhausted.  No sleeping late isn't too much of an option.  I have this internal alarm clock that goes off at 4:00 A.M. and the snooze option doesn't let you sleep past 5:00.  That and the dogs and the cats who are use to their morning routine usually combine for a rise and shine before the rise and shine of the sun.

Didn't sleep well Thursday night to begin with.  I suppose I got to go caffeine free for my soda at the Thursday night meetings.  Someone suggested maybe I might downsize the drink.  Might help with the sleep factor, not sure it will help get me through the meetings though.

The second, reason, the only thoughts running through my head would have fallen into the negative category.  That coupled with the fact I was not in the mood to temper anything written, would have equaled a rather, shall I say, bad piece.

Realizing you have all come to expect "sunshine on a cloudy day" from me, I thought it best not to darken your day.  Plenty of storm clouds on the horizon, no need to bring down the rain until necessary I suppose.

Focusing on something positive, I have been somewhat surprised and pleasantly pleased by the post election reactions.  Sure there are those who did not prevail who are not happy.  To be expected, and those who did prevail who are elated (both natural and expected states of mind and include supporters and candidates).  

But statements and postings I have heard and and read indicate for the most part a "positive" understanding of what has transpired and how we will proceed as as town.  

Granted it has been less than one week since the election, yet it is nonetheless a good sign in my mind that at least at this point in time, there has not been an outpouring of sour grapes or crowing.  

If you were looking for pearls of wisdom or biting satire, or something else today, this is about all your are going to get.  I expect by Monday, the batteries will be recharged somewhat and your expectations might be met in a more fulfilling way.  Till then, I leave you all with this quote:


"Always remember that the future comes one day at a time." - Dean Acheson



No comments:

Post a Comment

Prior to posting a comment, please review "Comment Rules" page.