Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A slow spin

Well seems like any piece on last night's selectmen's meeting is going to have to wait until Thursday or Friday when I can read about it in the local weekly papers (possibly sooner if it appears online).  Listened to some soothing music, starting at 6:00 P.M., figured I misread the notice and waited until about 6:45 P.M. (our guys are not the most prompt sometimes).  

If I were a conspiracy buff I might think my cable was being specifically jammed.

Not a big deal, somehow I will muddle through.

Still a tad disappointing.  

I have been hearing a bit of a buzz about the candidate's night airing on the Government Access Channel.  

Truth be told, unless we see a turnout at last year's levels I am not expecting any changes.  Just an observation folks, nothing more.

It will be interesting to discover what was decided and said about the public meetings for the DOR report recommendations.  No matter what was said, I again want to emphasize my position on the recommendations pertaining to fin com.  

I AM NOT presently supporting any reduction in the size of the committee.  All statements made to date express a personal opinion and preference as to the size of any committee which is formed.  Those statements should not be viewed as an endorsement for a reduction.  

Those statements have not been made in support of any proposal, especially one that has only been discussed in theory and for which there has not been any written proposal submitted.

Okay, you may be just as tired of reading that disclaimer as I am of making it.  It seems however someone is using my prior statements to advocate for a reduction in fin com, and indeed for all the concepts in the DOR report.  While I do support in theory the vast majority of the recommendations, there is no support at this point for any unknown application of the recommendations.  That will have to wait until the formal proposals can be seen.

Moving on from that one, hopefully for the last time ...

... and back to the election ...

Three weeks from this Monday.  That's all that is left.  Next candidate's night is March 20th.  

Very limited sign holding last weekend.  Given the snowfall, and the windy conditions on Saturday, understandable.  Signs do not vote.  If they did, we could save the cost of holding the election.  Keep that in mind.

Campaign styles seem to be running the gambit.  It will be interesting to see how the different styles play out.  I still don't see a big turnout, so my potential for surprise meter is on the low level.  If you pay attention to the gossip on the street though the potential does exist.  The problem in relying on that though is that it is very likely that at least 4 out of 5 people talking will not show up at the polls.

That is always perplexing to me.  But hey, it is what it is.  

The ones I try and listen to are the ones who aren't talking.  Hard to do, but if you pay attention close enough you can usually hear the wheels spinning upstairs and see the direction the wheels are turning.

That is of course only in the event your own wheels aren't spinning in every direction.

Anyone interested in predicting the who and the why?  

It seems at this point all I am doing is spinning wheels, so I think I will end it here.  So be safe.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Prior to posting a comment, please review "Comment Rules" page.