Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

A Historical Perspective - One Down, Two to Go (Maybe)

I woke up this morning with somewhat a sense of relief.  Over what you might ask?  Well, you may have heard me say, and may have read about, my time doing what I do coming to an end.

While I did accept another term to the Finance Committee, to the great disappointment to some I am sure, I also made the personal commitment and announcement that this would be my last term.  

Since I am being told there is a good chance the fin com article in the special will be passed over, I can also add, as I have made known to some of you, that if that article passed, Saturday would be my last Town Meeting (might be a good reason to lobby your selectmen to in fact go forward with it).

It would not have been any protest statement over the article.  It would have been a decision based on the fact that with a reduction in numbers for one year terms, it would be more appropriate to leave the available slots open on a newly structured committee to those wishing to commit to it for more than one term.  Believe it or not, the fact that the existing terms extend for two years weighed very heavily in my decision to accept.  

Anyway, it is what it is; and, what it is at this point is soon to be 1 down and 2 to go.

I heard an interesting term last night, "historical perspective".  It was used by someone to argue why they should be allowed to make the comment they wanted to make (admittedly pertaining directly to me).  Quite frankly, I absolutely agree that a historical perspective is a valid point to raise when making an argument.  It is always relevant. 

An extremely important point to remember, as is what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Both unfortunately seem to get lost as a matter of convenience much too often.

Anyway ...

With one soon to be down and two to go, that light at the end of the tunnel is looking much brighter.

FYI - The Maybe only pertains to whether there are any changes within the next two years, otherwise, it is what it is, hard and fast.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Prior to posting a comment, please review "Comment Rules" page.