Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sunday Morning

Interesting article in The Standard Times today about the Ohio community which installed traffic cameras.  I am not so sure I would necessarily go along with machine only "speed" enforcement (definitely too many variables relative to miscues etc.).  For red lights, I really don't see where there would be any legitimate beef.

Invasion of privacy?  Seriously, your on a public road.  Not you driving?  Not really and argument for me.  It is your vehicle.  Can't afford the ticket?  Don't run the red light that you aren't suppose to run. Just a money maker?  That it would be.  Just as it would be if you parked a cruiser at the intersection to enforce the traffic laws.

When you sit down and think about all the arguments against the same, tell me what really ends up being valid?  

You don't know how many times I hear people complain about the speeding tickets they get.  "I was cited for doing 50 mph in a 35 mph zone." So of course I ask, "Well were you doing 50 mph?"  The answer, plus or minutes a few digits, "No, I was only doing 45 mph."

Anyway, I just thought the article was interesting.  I don't see it becoming an issue in this state.  You would have to change the state laws, or get special legislation.  Why won't it happen?  Well you can talk your way out of a ticket from a human being, the camera's however might be able to see, but they can't hear.

Moving on, within the posted limit ...

All is quiet on the various fronts, at least as of this A.M.  I am sure the heat has taken some of the vigor out of many.  Why not, it is a holiday weekend.  We can all use some R & R.

Of course under that rationale, I should stop blogging this post right now.

Let's see if I can manage some chit chat that isn't too taxing.

No, that isn't going to happen.

So, that is it for now.  Enjoy the day. Be safe!









2 comments:

  1. As long as they hire less police since another part of their job is being eliminated ,I would agree with the camera"s.You can always do a over an under on the speed like 10mph.What I usually see is 20mph or more on the average.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people are always going to 'get away' with breaking the rules, and others will always get caught. It's just the chance you take.

    ReplyDelete

Prior to posting a comment, please review "Comment Rules" page.