Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Answer: 7 + 87 - 726 =

7 - The number of study committee members.  I figured that one would be pretty easy.

87 - I thought this one would have been pretty easy also.  Apparently not.  Fourscore is a term  for the number 80 (a bit out of use I know).  Fourscore plus 7 equals 87.  Seems no one remembers the Gettysburg Address.

726 - My buddy the Code had the first answer closest to being correct.  It is the number of days to the May 2015 Annual Town Meeting determined per the Town's Special Act/Code.  What made his answer incorrect was his conclusion   In fairness I would have accepted simply the ATM answer but for the opinion, however the significance was my last ATM on Fin Com.

What was the prize?  A pitcher of those frozen concoctions mentioned during the day on Saturday about the new restaurant coming to our Town.  The drawback was you would have had to share it with me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Prior to posting a comment, please review "Comment Rules" page.