Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Not Too Deep

Well weather wise for the Father's day road race, I don't think the runners could ask for a better morning this time of the year.  Partly cloudy and around 60 degrees.   Makes me want to start stretching,     don my tee and shorts and grab my seat on my front porch to in anticipation.

It all seriousness, it is a great event for the town.  Yes it can been a bit of an inconvenience for some for a few hours.  I have to admit, I have found myself grumbling once or twice, but you have to take it in stride.

For the week ahead, I took a peek at the selectmen's agenda for tomorrow.  One or two matters that might make it to the blog.  Not sure if they will go out live from West Island.  Who  knows, might have to grab my passport and head south Monday night.

Been at this for about two hours now.  Just not in a real witty, zippy mood I guess.  

Before totally giving up on today's piece I paged through the newspaper. Caught Mr. Unger's piece on page A4.  To quote:
Our faith in the Common Good and in the freedoms that sustain it  are what make us who we are.
I couldn't agree more.  Now the hurdle for all of us to is to actual figure out just what that common good is.  

The first step is to remember it should be a society built around what is best for "our", "we" and "us" and not "me" and "mine".

Okay, that is about as deep as I get today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prior to posting a comment, please review "Comment Rules" page.