Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tuesday's post

Well what to write about today.  A few things popped to mind after reading the newspaper.  Both well worn topics by this point.  I had some thoughts about the town budget and process, however that of course means discussing "money" and some reader will most likely be tempted to turn that into some type of evil intent to place money above caring and compassion.

The Town Government Study Committee comes to mind, just about every single day to be honest.  I would like to say I am up to the minute in keeping up with the happenings, but I am not. Shame on me for that. 

There are a host of "little" topics too.  Little in the sense that they probably have little interest for most people.   So many little things do have the tendency to blow up into big things.  Needlessly I might add.  

No I don't consider the "well worn" topics to be of that nature.  Those were birth full grown.  

So where to go today?

I ran across a blurb about a local rep. endorsing the house bill to study the health effects of wind turbines. Get to it I say.  Very seriously I might add.  

I know that might fall into a "well worn" category.  Nonetheless, the ability to conduct a legitimate study of such a nature is in many ways beyond any local board of health, no matter who sits on it.` 

I would welcome such a study from the legislature.  May it be done, quickly, properly and with some teeth as to any findings.  

There will be issues with the findings I am sure.  There always are.  But a study by the people who make the rules and can change them if need be would be welcome from my perspective.  Quite frankly part of the problem from the beginning was the authorization of an entirely new industry without setting rules beforehand.

I really believe at some point the control over "green energy" programs, whether for solar or wind or some other alternative, is going to be stripped from the local level entirely, or severely limited.  Think along the controls over "cell phone" towers as just one example.

But such a study would certainly add a new perspective, and could likely change the the whole debate.

Enough for today.

Be Safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prior to posting a comment, please review "Comment Rules" page.