Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Turbine Forum - update & thoguhts

Okay left the forum a bit early.  Came home and watched the rest of it on t.v.  Missed a few questions, but caught most of the remainder.

I am going to suggest you attempt to catch the rebroadcast, if you can. No point in giving you a blow by blow.

Watch, listen, learn & research.

The bottom line on the turbines at this point appears clear.  The issue is going to be decided in the courts.

That is the only place I see that issue can be played out.

I am sure both sides feel they have come off looking better then the other after the forum.  I leave that for you to judge.

It was extremely interesting though.  Even intriguing.  

I overheard a conversation involving probably one of the few people there who had not all ready made up their minds one way or the other.  One person asked another about two thirds of the way through, "So, what do you think?"  The reply, "I just don't know."

Telling in many ways.

At least the question and answer session didn't turn into total chaos.  Close at times, but it somehow managed to get done.  

Let's face it though, the majority of questions were essentially speeches, just as the majority of people weren't there to learn.  

There are times when I am watching these things play out, where I can see the path leading to a fork in the road.  Where I can see how if someone decides to take the argument in a certain direction you can  almost map out the path to victory for them.  Just when you think they got it, they take a turn in the wrong direction.  

What is the old saying "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory."  

Attitudes, egos and agendas.  Three attributes that will most assuredly destroy any group without the right  road map.

Some of you will get what I mean.

1 comment:

  1. I had to leave after only 45 mins b/c of an emergency. JuW Before I left I remarked to Charlie Murphy, "Whatever we paid this Moderator it was too much." In the short time I was there I witnessed 5 infractions of the listed "Ground Rules for Meeting" that was given to everyone entering the auditorium. The Moderator did nothing to stop or reprimand the offenders. I'll watch the entire the meeting when it re-airs and I'm likely to have more opinions b/c I'm never short of them.

    ReplyDelete

Prior to posting a comment, please review "Comment Rules" page.